1st to 3rd of June 2016 in Bucharest – Romania
The Second International Conference on Risk Perception, Communication and Ethics of Exposures to Ionising Radiation (RICOMET 2016) will be held from the 1st to 3rdof June 2016 in Hotel Caro, Bucharest, Romania.
RICOMET 2016 is organised under the auspices of 4 Euratom Projects and intends to continue the dialogue started by RICOMET 2015 on social and ethical issues, as well as encourage stakeholder and public participation in nuclear science, technology and innovation.
- EAGLE: Enhancing Education, Training And Communication Processes For Informed Behaviors And Decision-Making Related To Ionizing Radiation Risks
- OPERRA: Open Project for the European Radiation Research Area
- CONCERT: European Joint Programme for the Integration of Radiation Protection Research
- PLATENSO: Platform for Enhanced Societal Research related to nuclear energy in Central and Eastern Europe
The focal points of this year's conference are:
- Creating a Strategic Research Agenda on Social Sciences and Humanities in Radiation Protection,
- Policy making related to different applications of ionizing radiation.
Social science and humanities will meet technical platform representatives such as NERIS, EURADOS, ER-ALLIANCE and MELODI to discuss a trans-disciplinary approach to future research in the radiation protection field. Policy decision makers will be given the opportunity to engage in dialogues with various stakeholders including experts and representatives of informed civil society.
The dialogue between the various stakeholders will be facilitated and guided towards the goal of an improved radiological risk governance.