With great pleasure we present the Public Declaration after the RICOMET 2016 Conference:
Open or download the RICOMET 2016 Public Declaration
The RICOMET 2016 Conference reaffirmed:
- The complexity of radiological protection issues, which require a trans-disciplinary research approach, integrating natural sciences with social sciences and humanities (SSH).
- The importance of informed decisions at all levels.
- That accepted, sustainable decisions need to address stakeholder concerns visibly and transparently.
- The value and utility of bottom-up, national stakeholder panels to discuss issues and identify key elements to be addressed through research.
- The need to develop attractive educational programmes related to ionising radiation for different public.
- The value of a self-sustainable Social Sciences and Humanities network.
After a great success of the first two RICOMET conferences we are discussing with different partners about possibilities to organise the RICOMET 2017 conference. More information will follow soon.